Pistachio nuts aren’t only a delicious and convenient snack], but they are also an incredibly versatile ingredient that can be used to create a number of delicious healthy recipes. Here are three of our favorite quick and easy pistachio nut recipes for you to try at home. But first check out if the pistachios that you are buying are good quality by looking at our list of guidelines.
Three ingredient pistachio nut butter
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and you like pistachio nuts, you will love this super simple pistachio nut butter recipe. Although this recipe contains three key ingredients - pistachios, honey, and salt - you can actually make delicious pistachio nut butter with just one ingredient - pistachios! Here’s how we like to make ours.
You will need
- 16oz of dry-roasted unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey (to taste)
How to make delicious pistachio nut butter
- Remove the shells from your pistachios (if necessary) and add them to a high-powered blender with your salt and honey.
- Blend on the lowest setting for approximately one minute until crumbly.
- Then turn up the speed and blend for three to four minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
- Move to an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
The time needed to reach your desired consistency will vary slightly depending on your blender’s power, just be patient and stick at it.
Gorgeous green pistachio gelato
Pistachio gelato is a firm favorite across the world, and it’s easy to see why when you try this delicious recipe. You will need an ice-cream machine to make this recipe, but it’s totally worth the investment if you enjoy eating ice cream regularly. Here’s how to make a delicious vivid green pistachio gelato.
You will need
- 3 ¾ ounces of unsalted and shelled pistachios
- 3 ¾ ounces of sugar
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 5 egg yolks
- Chopped pistachios to garnish
- Green food coloring (optional but will make the gelato vivid green)
How to make pistachio gelato at home
- Blitz your pistachios and a third of your sugar in a blender.
- Meanwhile, combine your milk and almond extract in a saucepan before adding in your blended sugar and pistachios.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then allow it to cool slightly.
- Next, whisk together your egg yolks with the remaining sugar and then slowly add this to your warmed milk, whisking constantly.
- Stir your gelato mix over medium-low heat until it has thickened slightly but do not boil.
- Once thickened to the point where it coats the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and add your food coloring if using.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it is cold and then add it to your ice cream maker as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once finished, move your gelato to a suitable storage container, garnish with chopped pistachios and freeze.
This quick and easy dish makes for an impressive dinner party main-course and pairs perfectly with a side of freshly steamed vegetables for a deliciously healthy meal. Here’s how to make it.
You will need
- A side of salmon (approximately 1300g)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- ½ a cup of shelled pistachios (chopped)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make pistachio-crusted salmon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet large enough for your fish with parchment paper.
- Rub the flesh of the salmon with the olive oil.
- Then rub the salmon with the minced garlic and honey.
- Season generously with salt and pepper before pressing the chopped pistachios onto the flesh of the salmon.
- Bake the fish in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the flesh is flakey.
Just writing these recipes has made us hungry - which one would you like to try?