Sea-salt chocolate is all the craze these days, and for all the right reasons. These chewy, goo-ey salted cashew cookies are so good you’ll wish you found this recipe sooner. Creamy chocolate, crunchy cashews and flakey sea salt.. What more could you want in a cookie? Take them to the next level with a dollop of caramel ice cream on top!
What you’ll need:
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups lightly salted cashews, halved
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup softened unsalted butter
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, caramel and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt & gradually beat into the creamed mixture. Stir in 1 ⅓ chocolate chips & ¾ cups cashews.
- Spoon dough using a tablespoon onto parchment paper and bake for about 10-12 mins until the edges are firm. Cool on the pan for 5 mins & then transfer to wire racks to cool completely
- In the microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over the cookies. Sprinkle with remaining cashews & let stand until set.
If you've got a sweet tooth like we do, we recommend topping these off with some salted caramel or toffee ice cream.
Attention Chocaholics...Check out our extra nutty dark chocolate fudge brownie recipe!