Here at Ayoub’s, our chocolate obsession has got us continuously coming back to this delicious little recipe. If you’re not a fan of cakey brownies then this is the one for you! Fudgey, nutty and oh so chocolatey, these are what dreams are made of. Cause’ brownies make everything better, right?
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, walnuts and roasted hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt salt, plus more top
Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper & lightly spray parchment paper also.
- Melt chocolates and butter in a heat proof bowl over simmering water and stir until completely melted. Stir in the cocoa powder.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and eggs and then add the vanilla extract. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the nuts are browned and the brownies are puffy and the top is no longer glossy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan.
If you're a fan of sea salt dark chocolate, now is the time to sprinkle on some sea salt flakes (kosher salt works too!)