Forget about store bought glazed walnuts, why not get your hands sticky and make them yourself? The list of things you can do with these glazed walnuts are endless, put them on your cakes, in your salads, or mix them in a salty nut mix for the ultimate sweet and salty combination. What we love about these bad boys is that you can keep them fresh in your freezer for months! Just pop em' in a sealed mason jar and they should stay good for up to 4 months. However, the best thing about this delightful little treat is that it is SO easy to make!
Okay, let's dive into how to make these yummy glazed walnuts!
You can be sure that the ingredients for these glazed walnuts will not break the bank. More than likely you will have all of this stuff at home already!
2 cups of walnuts (raw, without shell)
1/4 cup of sugar (brown sugar is a nice touch, but white sugar is perfectly fine too!)
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp of water
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a frying pan (make sure it is a non stick one!) add the sugar, butter and the walnuts. If you like, you can also add some spices at this stage like cinnamon or apple pie spice to give your glazed walnuts that extra kick!
- Over a medium/low heat, stir continuously until all the ingredients melt.
- Once the walnuts are starting to glaze, you can add in the water
- Wait until your walnuts turn to a deep golden brown colour and are completely sticky, transfer them to the baking sheet
- Separate the glazed walnuts from each other on the sheet to ensure they don't stick together and allow them to cool before you start nibbling!
Looking for more ideas on how to use up the rest of you walnuts, have a go of one of these 3 Quick Recipes With Walnuts.