Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
This simple Thai-inspired chicken salad is jam-packed with fresh veggies, chicken and made complete with the creamiest peanut sauce you will have eat! It’s a salad with BIG flavours, but makes for a quick packed-lunch or easy light dinner. Colourful, sweet, tangy and mildly hot from the sriracha, this salad truly steals the show! But the best part is that it’s healthy, ready in 30 minutes and the perfect meal prep recipe for weekly lunches.
What You Need To Make Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
This salad is SO quick, easy and perfect for lunches. Here’s what you need to whip up this Thai Chicken Salad for your lunch tomorrow:
- Green and purple cabbage, shredded
- Chicken breast, shredded or chopped
- Shredded carrots
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Peanuts, chopped
- Chopped green onions
- Cilantro leaves
For the dressing:
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar
- Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- Medjool dates, soaked
- fresh ginger, peeled
- fresh garlic, peeled
How To Make Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
This salad is super quick to make. To start make the dressing by pulsing all the ingredients together in the food processor or blender. Adjust consistency with water.
Once the dressing is ready, it’s time to prepare the salad. Chop all the veggies. Shred or chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and add the peanuts. Toss it all together and add the dressing. Voila! It’s that EASY!
- Make it Vegetarian or Vegan: You can easily make this salad vegetarian or vegan friendly by swapping the chicken for crispy tofu.
- Add more Veggies: There is already a TON of vegetables in this salad but feel free to add anything and everything that you have in your fridge. Edamame, celery, mushrooms and even leafy greens like spinach or kale would go very nicely in this salad.
- Are you a fan of shrimp? Swap the chicken for cooked shrimp to make a pescatarian version.
- Add fruit: Sweeten up this salad by adding Thai fruit like mango, papaya or even chopped apples.
- Spice it up: You can spice up the peanut sauce by adding crushed red pepper flakes or some chili pepper.
- Allergic to peanuts? Use almond butter (or really any preferred nut butter) instead of peanut butter.
How To Store
This salad should keep crunchy and crisp for 2-3 days in the fridge in an air-tight container. That makes it a great recipe for your weekly meal prep or a perfect lunch-to-go option for those busy weekdays. Just make sure you store the sauce in a separate container, otherwise the salad can become soggy.
This simple Thai-inspired chicken salad is jam-packed with fresh veggies, chicken and made complete with the creamiest peanut sauce you will have eat!
2 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups shredded chicken breast
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
1 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/3 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sriracha
2 Medjool dates, soaked
a small knob of fresh ginger, peeled
a clove of fresh garlic, peeled
2 tbsp water to thin to desired consistency
For the Peanut Dressing
For the dressing:
Pulse all ingredients in the food processor or blender.
Adjust consistency with water.
Thai Chicken Salad Assembly:
Toss the salad ingredients in a big bowl with a drizzle of peanut dressing so everything gets coated.
Season with salt and lime juice.
Sign up to get email updates